Uncover the Secret Sauce to Beautifully Straight Teeth
Were you satisfied with what you saw the last time you looked at your smile in the mirror? Were your teeth white or discolored? Were your teeth straight? Having straight teeth is more important than we think. Aside from the fact that straight teeth are easier to clean and better for our oral and overall health, straight teeth look better when we smile.
Our smiles are also vital to our overall health, as they provide confidence since when we have straight teeth, we are more likely to smile at others. But what do you do when you have crooked or misaligned teeth as an adult? The answer is simple – seek an orthodontist who can help you get the straight teeth you and your smile deserve.
It’s never too late to get straight teeth
It’s estimated that of the 4,000,000 people in the United States who have braces, about 25% are adults. It’s becoming increasingly popular for adults to get braces, whether it is to improve oral hygiene or get a better smile. We believe you are never too old to smile big or get the smile you want. Aside from that, adults seek a highly qualified and skilled orthodontist to help them obtain straight teeth for the following reasons.
- With many dentists making it easier to afford dental care, braces aren’t as cost-prohibitive as they used to be.
- Orthodontic treatment is intended to be temporary, so while there may be some minor inconvenience and discomfort, you won’t have to wear your braces forever.
- Speaking of inconvenience and discomfort, today’s orthodontic treatments are more convenient than ever and adults often have a choice in whether they wear traditional metal braces or can get away with clear aligners.
- Braces can help relieve other discomforts, such as TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders or bruxism (teeth grinding).
How to get straight teeth
If you are an adult with crooked or misaligned teeth, now is the time to take steps to obtain straight teeth through a smile makeover customized for you. And, we’ve outlined three key points, our secret sauce, that you need to know if you are dreaming of a future with straight teeth.
1. Don’t skimp on your orthodontist.
Of course, any licensed orthodontist receives the proper training to provide braces and other orthodontic treatments. But aside from that, not all orthodontists are the same. Seek a highly-competent orthodontist who is detail-oriented and won’t take shortcuts to get you the results you deserve. The right orthodontist will care about you personally and professionally and will enjoy the art of giving you a beautiful smile.
So, be sure to do your homework in advance. And if you live or work in the Omaha, Nebraska area, we can’t help but recommend Dr. Leslie to help you get straight teeth. Dr. Leslie is a proud member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), the Nebraska Society of Orthodontists (NSO), and the Midwest Society of Orthodontists (MSO), too, and is ideally suited to administer your orthodontic treatments.
2. Practice patient persistence.
The goal here is that you and your doctor together are working to achieve the same objectives. Basically, this means that you should follow your orthodontist’s guidance on the prescribed length of time to wear the braces and how long they should be left in each day (the latter applies if you have clear aligners). Taking proper care of your braces is important too. In short, the more you adhere to your doctor’s guidance, the better the outcome of your treatment will be.
3. Ensure exemplary communication.
When it comes to your oral health, communication is vital. Be sure to ask your orthodontist any questions you may have so that you can fully understand and embrace the treatment recommendation being provided to you. During your orthodontic consultation, be sure to ask questions such as:
- How long will my orthodontic treatment be?
- Will I require adjustments and how often?
- Will I experience any pain or discomfort, and if so, how can I manage it?
- Can I participate in athletics or go to the gym when I have braces?
- What if I have periodontal disease?
- Will my braces impact my ability to speak clearly?
- What foods can I and can’t I eat while I have braces?
- How do I keep my braces clean?
- What if I have a dental emergency?
We also recommend that patients take notes and repeat back to the dentist, what they believe that they heard during the consultation. This art of repeating back what the doctor said can help better manage expectations, ensuring doctor and patient are on the same page.
Get straight teeth with The Tooth Doc
We truly believe that Dr. Leslie in the best orthodontist in Omaha. Not only does she have the training and certifications to make her well-suited to aid in your oral care, but she is highly personable too. At The Tooth Doc, we view our patients as people, and we care about their successes, failures, and goals. This means that we will get to know you as a person, ensuring that your treatment is best suited to your goals and objectives, and the smile that you wish to achieve. Request an appointment with The Tooth Doc today.