4 Things You’re Bound To Love About Your New Dental Implants
Replacing Missing Teeth With Dental Implants
You did it. You decided to get a dental implant to replace your missing tooth. The way we see it, this is cause for celebration for many reasons. If you’ve been dealing with a missing tooth, we know how challenging that was for you. You likely couldn’t eat or speak as well as you used to, and that gap in your mouth might have kept you from smiling. But with your new dental implant, you will feel like smiling again and find there are so many things to love that you had never considered.
A Great Choice for Missing Teeth
Living with missing teeth is challenging. You’ve likely experienced the following:
- Shifting of the adjacent teeth as there is no longer any support on either side
- Impaired speech because your tongue can’t come into contact with the teeth necessary to produce certain sounds
- Changes to your facial appearance because your teeth provided support for your lips and cheeks
- Concerns about developing gum disease due to difficulty keeping the area clean
- Worry that your missing tooth creates a greater risk for you to develop health issues like heart disease or stroke
- Fear that you will lose more teeth
You may have tried less permanent options for tooth replacement, such as dentures. And while dentures are an excellent option for many patients (especially those who are not candidates for implants), they also come with unique challenges.
- They tend to shift out of place.
- You can’t enjoy the same foods that you used to.
- Food doesn’t taste as good because your dentures are covering up some of your taste buds.
- Your dentures may get loose with time, making them very uncomfortable to wear.
Dental implants, on the other hand, provide so many benefits you’ll wonder why you waited so long to get them.
4 Things About Your New Dental Implants You’ll Absolutely Love
Dental implants are a restorative dental treatment that aids in restoring your oral health. Implants and their final crowns look, feel, and function like natural teeth. Your dentist places a titanium post into your jaw, and during the healing process, it integrates with your jaw. We call this process osseointegration. After healing, your dentist will fabricate a prosthetic such as a dental crown to cement on top of the implant post, restoring function and giving back that smile you have so desperately missed.
1. Dental implants offer stability.
One of the things you will love the most is how stable your new dental implants will be. Because the post is surgically implanted right into your jawbone, it becomes stronger than ever during the healing process. And though good oral care at home is still critical to prevent gum disease, you can care for your implants just like your natural teeth.
2. Your new implants can last a lifetime.
We know that the dental implant procedure and the process can be time-consuming. The process takes six to nine months for most patients, depending on whether a bone graft is needed. But with good oral hygiene, including brushing twice daily, flossing daily, rinsing with a fluoridated mouthwash, and visiting the dentist every six months for a professional dental cleaning and oral evaluation, your implants can last your lifetime.
3. You’ll get back your youthful facial structure.
When you are missing teeth, your face can start to sag, making you look years older than you are. But once you have recovered from dental implant surgery, you’ll be amazed at how much younger you look. You will maintain jawbone density due to that osseointegration process we mentioned earlier. It’s like finding that eternal fountain of youth—almost.
4. Implant restorations will match your adjacent natural teeth.
The crown attached to your dental implants will look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth. This means no one needs to know you got a dental implant except for you and your dentist in Omaha, Nebraska. And thanks to the implants’ design, they have a 95% success rate. Now that is worth smiling about!
Visit The Tooth Doc to see why dental implants could be the perfect solution for you.
Whether you need just one dental implant or full-arch dental implants (four to six dental implants to restore an entire arch of missing teeth), we’re confident that implants are the perfect solution for you. Request an appointment with The Tooth Doc in Omaha, Nebraska, and experience all the amazing benefits for yourself. You’ll look forward to smiling again, and we can’t wait to help you get there!